This project is read-only.

Ajax Library

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Will you guys be doing a drop for the Ajax Library...

Thanks

Sal

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Hi Sal,

"You Guys" is just me. I'll be happy to take a look at it. Check back in the next few days.

Ben

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Ben

I assumed you had a bunch of developers in your closet helping you in the conversion of the frameworks….

Sorry about that and thanks for taking a look.

Sal

This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify sender of the delivery error and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.
Mar 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Sal,

Haven't had much time today to attack the AJAX Toolkit. But as a first step I've posted a conversion of the Microsoft.Web.Test.Lightweight tool that you can play around with.

Check back in day or two and I may have some more stuff posted that you'll be interested in downloading.

Ben

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:59 AM

Sal,

The AJAX Library is posted now. I slimmed it down by removing the functional test batteries. But you can add those back in and use MSWebTestingLW to rig up something to your satisfaction.

Have fun!

Ben

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Ben,

Thanks for the quick turn around, but when I unzip the file and try to open the project I receive the following error:

Loading P:\Dev\Utils\MSAjax-Library-46266-VS2010.NET4\MSAjax-Library-46266-VS2010.NET4\Server\AjaxControlToolkit\AjaxControlToolkit.csproj ...

P:\Dev\Utils\MSAjax-Library-46266-VS2010.NET4\MSAjax-Library-46266-VS2010.NET4\Server\AjaxControlToolkit\AjaxControlToolkit.csproj : error : Unable to read the project file 'AjaxControlToolkit.csproj'.

P:\Dev\Utils\MSAjax-Library-46266-VS2010.NET4\MSAjax-Library-46266-VS2010.NET4\Server\AjaxControlToolkit\AjaxControlToolkit.csproj(701,3): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\MicrosoftAjax\ajaxmin.tasks" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sal

This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify sender of the delivery error and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.
Mar 8, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Sal,

You need to install the AJAX Minifier. That should resolve the problem.

Ben

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Ben,

Thanks for the update, I installed Ajax minifier and compiled. When I try to add the controls to Visual Studio I receive the following error.

Can you point me in the right direction to correct this issue.

Thanks

Sal

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Ben,

Never mind i found this resource, which corrected the issue. I do not know if this is the correct way to handle the above issue but it fixed the problem.

Thanks

Sal

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Sal,

The new security model in .NET 4.0 has three designations that can be used at the Assembly or AppDomain boundaries or even with fine-grained class and member attribution:

• Critical (or Full Trust)
  • SafeCritical (can be called by critical OR transparent code)
  • Transparent - no direct access to Critical code.

The ideal way to handle the new security model in frameworks is still something of an open question, depending on your purposes. In general, I prefer the idea of creating libraries with a SafeCritical API that calls into Critical code with whatever checks are required, depending on the situation. Your transparent code will have to call the API to interact with whatever Critical code is hidden behind it.

But security is really intended to be handled now at an administrative level, thus relieving developers from some of the complexity involved when writing framework code. That leaves a lot of room for interpretation and experimentation, but the model does seem to be intended to make things easier, in general.

You can, of course, revert to the use of "Legacy" (Level1) transparency rules by using the following:

• [assembly: SecurityRules(SecurityRuleSet.Level1)]

Review the differences between the two security models on MSDN:

Ben